Monday, 8 June 2015

Ready. Set. WRITE! Week #1

Welcome back to Ready. Set. WRITE! My co-hosts, Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, Jaime Morrow, Elodie Nowodazkij, and I hope you’re looking forward to yet another productive summer! If you’re new this year and you’re wondering what RSW is all about, it’s a summer long writing intensive for writing, revising, or planning your WIP. It's also a way to keep each other accountable. Every Monday we'll share our posts, keeping them brief (ie 2-3 lines per heading) in order to maximize our writing time and minimize on blogging. Sign up on the linky at one of the host blogs each week, and remember to visit other participants' blogs to cheer them on as well. For more info on RSW click here. To snag some of our lovely buttons, see the RSW 2015 tab above.

WAIT THERE'S MORE! We'll be hosting RSW giveaways in July and at the end of August, so be sure to enter for a chance to win a writer's care package. If your motivation needs a boost, join in our RSW Twitter parties (#RSWrite). Tweet @ENowodazkij to have your name added to our Twitter list. STAY TUNED for details on "Manicures and Manucripts," a fun event to close off RSW and reward ourselves (and our poor overworked fingers) after a summer of non-stop writing/typing! 

My goal(s) for this week

To get back into the swing of writing after a cross-country move. It’s been a whole (insanely busy) month since I've done any writing, so I need to establish a new routine in my new surroundings. I plan to ease into RSW with some rereading and hopefully start fixing a particular plot hole that’s been nagging me for ages. Kind of a vague goal, but I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to tackle this week, and I need to get a good grasp on my WIPs again. This is my week for reacquainting, reorganizing, and rolling up my sleeves before digging in.

Here’s the complete list of headings for NEXT WEEK:

How I did on last week’s goal(s)
My goal(s) for this week
A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
The biggest challenge I faced this week
Something I love about my WIP


23 comments:

  1. I love the *R* theme you have going on this week, Erin! :) And YES for new routines :) Cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your move went smoothly, Erin, and that the settling in process is a quick one. And best of luck getting back into the swing of writing! Can't wait to hear more about your story as you dive back into writing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck getting back into writing! :) Looking forward to this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are getting settled in your new place! Hope you have a great week of digging in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always find that reacquainting myself with my writing is a great way to get back into the swing of it again, whether it's after an extended break from writing or just when I sit down each time to write. I think this will work really well for you too. It's a great way to remember everything you love about your story too! And give you clarity when it comes to what needs fixing. Fresh eyes and all that. Hope it goes well this week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't sound like the vaguest goal to me, it makes perfect sense to fix a plot hole so you've got one less thing hanging over you when you work on it. :) Good luck for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your summer goals! It's always helpful to reacquaint yourself with writing, or a particular project, after awhile away. Not everyone can just immediately dive right back in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is hard to regroup after something as life-changing as a move. I think it's a great goal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goal for the week! Moving is such a pain and it definitely takes a bit to get back into the swing of things. I bet you’re happy to be settled, now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to establish a routine too. That's a big part of RSW for me. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moving can really mess up all your routines. It takes a while to get back into the swing of things, good luck with that!
    Manicures and manuscripts sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vague goals are necessary after a BIG move. Good luck with getting back into the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with your goals. It's nice to take things slow after such a big transition. Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the move but I'm sure you will find your routine and rhythm soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a lot of participants this year. I've seen goal posts all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  16. *Hands you some story cement for that plot hole* Good luck this week, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think your goal is PERFECT and very manageable and I wish you all the luck with that and the move! So glad to be doing this with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excited to write with you this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Getting back into regular patterns after any kind of move is challenging. You'll do it though; I've no doubt about that. Not only are you determined, but we're here to cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am all for taking it easy and reacquainting for this first week! Good luck with your goals and good luck getting to know a new city! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay for getting back into writing after a break! It's so tough. I'm still trying to adjust from our move back to the states in November. It doesn't help that we're living with family so nothing's normal. :( Next month we get into our own house, so I'm hoping RSW keeps my head above water until we're settled and I can get those routines established too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Erin,

    Oh man you just moved? You deserve ALL THE BREAKS! I hate moving and I feel like I do it far too often. I hope you got some time to relax this week and revisit your WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow, that's a big life change! Hope things are going well for you :D Good luck with getting back into the swing of writing.

    ReplyDelete