Wednesday, 11 September 2013

What's Up Wednesday: Relaunch

In lieu of a regular post today, Jaime and I have decided to reintroduce What's Up Wednesday now that Ready. Set. WRITE! is finished. This seemed appropriate with the season change and considering the number of people who are now taking part. Plus, there are newbies jumping on board that might want some details.

Jaime put together this little blurb, and seeing as she went to the trouble and I’m having a busy week, I thought it would be easiest if I just quote her. If you’re planning on taking part in WUW, please read this. Take it away, Jaime…

I’ve had a few people ask me recently whether What’s Up Wednesday will be continuing now that Ready. Set. WRITE! is done. We—Erin and I—just wanted to let everyone know that yes, What’s Up Wednesday will still be happening right here every Wednesday. (We actually started WUW back in April and tacked the RSW writing intensive on solely for the summer months.)

So we figured a bit of a re-launch was in order! For those of you thinking of joining us and for those of you who are old pros at this, here’s a rehash of what it’s all about:

My sister, Erin, and I wanted a brief way to touch base with our writing friends every week, even when things got really busy and we felt otherwise unmotivated to blog. So What’s Up Wednesday was born, intended to be a weekly blog hop with other folks on this writing journey. With that aim in mind, we would encourage you to visit a few other WUW blogs each week, get to know some other writers, and spread some writerly encouragement around.

Just a little reminder: I know this goes without saying since we’re all book-lovers here, but disparaging comments about authors, books, and even genres or categories is kind of uncool. It’s that whole walk in someone else’s shoes thing, you know? Please be thoughtful and respectful.

To mark the re-launch of What’s Up Wednesday, I’ve created some new buttons! Feel free to choose one you like. (They can be found individually under my WUW tab above.) Remember to leave your link in the widget so others can find your post. And similarly, don’t forget to link back here so others who want to participate will know where to sign up.

We’re looking forward to hearing what’s up with you!

In case you're new to WUW, the four headings for each post are as follows:

What I'm Reading
What I'm Writing
What Inspires Me Right Now
What Else I've Been Up To

If you're unsure, just take a look at this previous post as an example.

Here’s a peek at the sweet new buttons Jaime whipped up. If you’d like to snag one or all of them for your WUW posts, you can find individual versions in the WUW tab at the top of my blog. If you prefer the old button, feel free to keep using it. You can sign up for WUW on Jaime’s site. I'll be including the linky here soon, but for some reason I can't get it working right now.


So that’s it for this week! We hope you’ll continue to join us on Wednesdays! And if you're new to WUW we'd like to extend a big welcome!


9 comments:

  1. Glad WUW is continuing and with such fantastic new buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo new buttons. I love them all! *hugs all the buttons!*

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're awesome buttons!

    I'm not going anywhere :D Love me a good What's Up Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all, but my favorite is the one with the rocket! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you guys love the new buttons! Jaime did an amazing job designing them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the new buttons! I'm excited to see that so many people are continuing on with WUW even though RSW is done. I love checking in with everyone each week, and it's fun to have a reason to blog on Wednesdays. Thanks to you and Jaime for making this all happen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for the relaunch!! And the new buttons... *swoons* :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of these buttons! So pretty. I'm excited to keep posting for WUW when I can. :)

    ReplyDelete