Wednesday, 14 August 2013

What's Up Wednesday/Ready. Set. WRITE!


Hi everyone! This is going to be short and sweet today. My husband is on holidays from work, and we have a ton of stuff to get done, so...

What I'm Reading:

A few days ago, I finished Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel. I thought it was a great follow up to This Dark Endeavor, and I can't wait for the final installment in the trilogy. Now, I'm very gradually poking my way through Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo. I wish I could sit down and gobble the whole thing up all at once, but things are busy so it's been a few pages here and there. So far I'm enjoying it.

What I'm Writing:

My goal last week was to add in some research that I did. I met my goal although the
particular chapter I worked on is going to need some serious revising.

I'm aiming to get 2000 words done this week. The boys are headed to a football game this weekend, which means some writing time for me. Hopefully, I can get back into the swing of things!

What's Inspiring Me Right Now:

The Oblivion soundtrack. We watched the movie the other night and really enjoyed it, despite its flaws. I absolutely loved the music, especially the main theme. I've been listening to it while dejunking our basement, and it's making me want to write.

What Else I've Been Up To:

We're trying to sandwich work around the house between two weekends of fun stuff while my husband is on holidays. Here's a quick list of what my week has included: a wonderful parcel from my awesome sister, my husband's birthday, cupcakes, coffee with the in-laws and an old friend of ours, the bookstore, out for supper at Boston Pizza, watched Oblivion, chocolate covered strawberries, wine, coffee porter, visiting friends, Irish cream and sticky toffee pudding ice cream cones, Chinese food, watched Star Trek Into Darkness (which was amazing btw), went to Winston's English Pub, Fuller's London Porter, Stir Stick Stout, Guiness beef stew in a bread bowl, reorganizing and dejunking our house.

So how has your week been? If you'd like to share, go ahead and sign up on the linky at Jaime Morrow's site. We're winding down for Ready. Set. WRITE! now, and I hope all of you have had a successful week working on your WIPs. I apologize in advance for the likelihood of being very slow at responding to comments and getting to other blogs this week. :)

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on meeting your goal, and good luck with your goal for this week - you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a fabulous, fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um Guiness Beef Stew in a bread bowl? My mouth is literally watering right now. Discovering a chapter need major revision is a little disheartening, but the straightening out is always so rewarding. Good luck in all your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2000 words? Awesome! Way to set a goal and go with it. My goal was 1000 a day, until I got slammed with edits. Since my copy editor is the one under the gun right now, I'm working my way back up to it. 300 words last night--not to mention all the crazy critiques through WriteOnCon and otherwise. It's great to be part of a community, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it sounds like you've had a fantastic week! The image of beef stew in a bread bowls is making me hungry!

    I hope you get lots of writing in while everyone's at the football!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should get to SUCK WICKED INTENT sometime, but my TBR pile is ridiculous as it is. Happy to hear you enjoyed it though. And as for SIEGE AND STORM, Team Sturmhond all the way. Love that guy! I've been meaning to check out the Oblivion soundtrack since Trev mentioned it on FB. I remember enjoying it during certain parts of the movie. I'm happy you guys had such a great week this past week. You should go on awesome dates like that more often. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh...that should say "SUCH" not "SUCK". Oops. O_o

      Delete
  7. Congrats on meeting your writing goals! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your week sounds AMAZING :) And congrats on meeting your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, sounds like you had a very busy week. Here's to hoping next week is just as exciting. Good luck with meeting all your writing goals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pretty much your entire "What Else I've Been Up To" section. All that food and general hanging out and movie-watching sounds lovely! Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on meeting your goals this week! And I'm glad you're enjoying Siege and Storm even if you can't read it all at once. I loved that book so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck on your writing goal for the week and congrats on meeting your last one.
    I want to see the new Star Trek movie so bad! Hopefully soon. Oh, and you sound crazy busy! A lot of the things you listed sound like tons of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo... Erin, now you have me DYING to listen to the Oblivion soundtrack! I love music that inspires... it's one of my biggest motivations...

    (And I seriously LOVE these posts. They're so inspiring!)

    And Erin, the comment you just left me made me CRY... not lying. Thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, SIEGE AND STORM! Now that I've (finally) read SHADOW AND BONE, I can't wait to get my hands on the next installment. I love how rich that world is. Your post made me hungry today -- chocolate covered strawberries and all that pub food... YUM!

    Best of luck meeting your 2K goal this week, Erin!

    ReplyDelete