Q: If you could hang out with any author (living) who would it be and what would you want to do?
Oh man, who to choose? What I’d really like is to have a big ol’ author party with Laini Taylor, Stephanie Perkins, Erin Morgenstern, Teherah Mafi, Leigh Bardugo, Sarah J. Maas, Robin LaFevers, Veronica Roth, J.K. Rowling, Moira Young, Veronica Rossi, and…well, you get the picture. There would be lots and lots of book discussion, hair dyeing tips from Laini and Stephanie, and cupcakes in every flavour imaginable.
Limiting myself to one author, however, I think I’d have to say Maggie Stiefvater. Not only is she an amazing writer, but she just might be the coolest person on the entire planet. If I could hang out with Maggie, these are things we would do:
1. Torque around in her race car. Did you know she has a race car decaled to look like the cover of The Raven Boys? And it’s not just for decoration either. She actually races in it. Tell me that isn’t awesome.
2. Play the bagpipes. Well, she would play, and I would listen. Possibly while munching haggis. I have no idea if Maggie likes haggis, but I do, and she seems daring enough to try anything. Even gnarly Scottish food.
3. Since she’s also quite the artist, I would ask her to draw lovely Celtic designs in Sharpie marker on my son’s guitar. Yep, she apparently does that too.
4. We would feed her goats. According to Maggie’s blog, she recently adopted two Miniature Silky Fainting Goats. They are indeed as bizarre as their name implies. Check them out on Youtube for a laugh.
5. And finally, I would beg her to spill the beans on what happens in The DreamThieves, the next book in The Raven Cycle, because waiting until September is torture.
Now, there's almost zero possibility this would ever happen, but it sounds like fun, doesn’t it? So which author would you choose to hang out with?