Friday, 19 April 2013

Feature & Follow Friday: If I Could Hang Out With...


Q: If you could hang out with any author (living) who would it be and what would you want to do?

Oh man, who to choose? What I’d really like is to have a big ol’ author party with Laini Taylor, Stephanie Perkins, Erin Morgenstern, Teherah Mafi, Leigh Bardugo, Sarah J. Maas, Robin LaFevers, Veronica Roth, J.K. Rowling, Moira Young, Veronica Rossi, and…well, you get the picture. There would be lots and lots of book discussion, hair dyeing tips from Laini and Stephanie, and cupcakes in every flavour imaginable.

Limiting myself to one author, however, I think I’d have to say Maggie Stiefvater. Not only is she an amazing writer, but she just might be the coolest person on the entire planet. If I could hang out with Maggie, these are things we would do:

1. Torque around in her race car. Did you know she has a race car decaled to look like the cover of The Raven Boys? And it’s not just for decoration either. She actually races in it. Tell me that isn’t awesome.

2. Play the bagpipes. Well, she would play, and I would listen. Possibly while munching haggis. I have no idea if Maggie likes haggis, but I do, and she seems daring enough to try anything. Even gnarly Scottish food.

3. Since she’s also quite the artist, I would ask her to draw lovely Celtic designs in Sharpie marker on my son’s guitar.  Yep, she apparently does that too.

4. We would feed her goats. According to Maggie’s blog, she recently adopted two Miniature Silky Fainting Goats. They are indeed as bizarre as their name implies. Check them out on Youtube for a laugh.

5. And finally, I would beg her to spill the beans on what happens in The DreamThieves, the next book in The Raven Cycle, because waiting until September is torture.

Now, there's almost zero possibility this would ever happen, but it sounds like fun, doesn’t it? So which author would you choose to hang out with?

19 comments:

  1. Maggie Stiefvater is a great choice. After I read The Raven Boys, I wanted (and still do) to become her best friend so she'd tell me what happens in The Dream Theives.

    I'd also want to hang out with John Green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished reading THE FAULT IN OUR STARS and loved it, so I wouldn't mind hanging out with John Green either. :)

      Delete
  2. Some great choices here. It is really hard to choose just one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many authors I'd love to meet, but I picked Maggie Stiefvater because she's just crazy interesting aside from being a talented writer.

      Delete
  3. I think hanging out with Maggie Stiefvater would be awesome. You'd kind of be cool by association. Like osmosis or something. :P She not only seems like a pretty darn neat lady, but she also writes in a way that I can only ever dream of doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd try to absorb all her coolness and maybe she'd pass along some amazing writing tips. :)

      Delete
  4. So many great authors to meet!

    Hopping by from #FF

    New GFC Follower, Follow Back?
    MY #FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very hard to narrow it down to one author. So many of the authors I enjoy seem like awesome individuals.

      Delete
  5. She has a racecar decaled to look like The Raven Boys?? That is awesome!

    New Follower
    my ff http://curseofthebibliophile.blogspot.com/2013/04/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cool? She has a video clip of one of her races on her blog.

      Delete
  6. Man, I'll hang out with you ANY DAY OF THE WEEK! You evidently know how to have a great day!

    Haha, I'm your new stalker. I'm following you via GFC.
    You rock.

    You can find my FF > here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's hard to go wrong with goats, bagpipes, and a race car that looks like a book! :)

      Delete
  7. I love all of your choices - and admit, I think one giant par-tay would be awesome! And I love how you'd spend your time with Maggie - now wouldn't THAT be a day???
    I think I'd probably choose to hang out with Courtney Summers (THIS IS NOT A TEST, SOME GIRLS ARE, CRACKED UP TO BE, etc.). Courtney and I have exchanged a few emails and tweets and she seems awesome - very similar to Maggie, actually.
    Although I must admit, J.K. Rowling would be hands down, amazing to spend a day with - full of butterbeer and quidditch. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I haven't read anything by Courtney Summers yet, but it would be very cool to hang out with an author you've gotten to know through email and Twitter. Spending time with JK Rowling in Scotland (or anywhere really) would be the experience of a lifetime. I would have so many questions to ask her!

      Delete
  8. Every author you mentioned are people I'd love to hang with! I especially agree with getting hair dyeing tips from Stephanie and Laini!! I love their hair so much. :D I'd love to spend the day with each one at an amusement park riding roller coasters, lol!

    New follower! :D
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I picked Maggie Stiefvater, I wanted to at least mention a bunch of the other awesome authors I'd love to meet. Really, I'd be happy meeting any one of these lovely ladies. :)

      Delete
  9. This, exactly. Except I have yet to try haggis. I'm willing to give it a go, but it seems like the kind of thing where you really want to have quality haggis--no cut-rate sheep bits for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes, it has to be gourmet, none of that fake microwave haggis. In all seriousness, I've seen haggis sold in a can before. I have a recipe for it, and I've been meaning to try making it for ages now. Not really high on the list of things to do though. :)

      Delete
  10. Ahhhh! I love her goats with an odd yet undying passion. <3

    ReplyDelete