Monday, 4 February 2013

Just a quick note to say that the entries for round four of the Blind Speed Dating contest at Cupid's Literary Connection have been posted. In case anyone is interested in taking a look, my entry is #124

The query I entered for the contest isn't actually my most recent query draft, seeing as I'm currently taking a query letter course through LitReactor.com, but it obviously still gives a decent idea of what my story is about.

I'd love to hear feedback, but please, no throwing of tomatoes or other rotten veggies. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, for fun! I need to go check this out! And learning the art of writing a query and synopsis is very different from writing, IMO! Two different skills--like just because one can play the piano doesn't mean he/she can accompany well. Two skills that need to be developed! That's why I think it's great to put ourselves out there with contests and online stuff, because it's all about learning and improving! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right about this. Writing a synopsis and a query are two totally different things. And for that matter, both are vastly different from writing a novel as well. The contest and the query course I've been taking have been really great experiences in terms of boosting my confidence. :)

      Delete