Thursday, 21 February 2013

Covert Shenanigans


Lately, I’ve had a bad case of the winter blahs. I mean really, can you blame me? It’s snowing out yet AGAIN as I’m typing this post. You’d think that being Canadian I’d be used to this by now. Nope. Well, it isn’t so much not being used to it as being utterly tired of it. Winter, I am so over you.

Anyway, yesterday the UPS guy shows up at my door with a box from Amazon. My husband, Trevor, happened to be home sick from work (another lovely result of this time of year) and by the mischievous look on his face, I could tell there were covert shenanigans unfolding.

I opened the box, and this is what I found inside:


Knowing I was feeling down in the dumps (or perhaps like an avalanche of snow had been dumped on my head), my wonderful husband thought he’d cheer me up. He’s well aware that the way to my heart is through books, so he ordered a bunch of sequels he knew I was itching to read. A perfect cure for the February blues.

I will most certainly enjoy reading about Day, Adam, Jack, and Prince Kai, but first and foremost, I will always be Team Trevor. :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow. That's seriously awesome. And you have some good looking books there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome and totally unexpected, which made me appreciate it even more. And from the reviews I've read lately, these sequels all measured up to the first books in their trilogies.

      Delete
  2. Good job, Trev! :) You have two in that stack that I still need to get my hands on, but I still have yet to read all four. I've been thinking of rereading SHATTER ME before plunging into UNRAVEL ME, so I might just have to do that. Todd took me to Chapters today to buy me a book (his idea). I picked up PIVOT POINT and then saw BITTERSWEET in trade paper for a good price, so I picked it up too. I'm Team Generous & Sweet Husbands.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read all the first books in these trilogies within the last few months so I won't have to reread anything before getting into the sequels, although I know I'll reread all of them someday. PIVOT POINT is one I definitely want to check out too. It seems our men have us pegged for gift ideas. Forget flowers, books are where it's at. :)

      Delete
  3. Aaaahhhh, what a great package! So cute :) Have fun reading, and yay for your husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he deserves plenty of cheers, and I will most certainly have fun reading. :)

      Delete
  4. Your husband did very well :D:D :D You have a few there I need to get my hands on at some point! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he did do very well! It's nice being married to a bookworm, because he understands the value of giving books as presents. :)

      Delete