Thursday, 6 December 2012

Scholastic Warehouse Sale


This evening I had the opportunity to go to our local Scholastic warehouse sale. Seeing as I’d never been before, I had no idea what to expect. To be honest, half the reason I planned to go was because I was curious what the inside of the warehouse looks like. I thought maybe I’d come out with a few books. That’s before I found out that everything in the warehouse was 50% off the lowest tagged price. Yeah, that “few” books turned into a grand total of twenty-eight. We’re talking a whole box of brand new books for dirt stinkin’ cheap. Buying books is always fun, but nothing beats buying books for a good deal.

This is what the inside of the warehouse looks like. Yes, I know, it's a typical warehouse, but it's filled with BOOKS! The bottom two shelves in every aisle were stacked with the sale books. I was ridiculously excited about rooting through everything.



This is a sampling of what we bought. I had to exclude several titles that will be under the Christmas tree for my son. I figure it’s best not to post pictures of his Christmas gifts on my blog. Kinda takes the surprise out of it. There were also a few Star Wars titles that didn’t make it into the pictures. That’s okay, because Darth Maul is freaky looking and I really don’t want a picture of him on my blog anyway.



Hardcover Maggie Stiefvater books for four dollars! That’s cheaper than the bargain table at the bookstore, especially seeing as book prices are higher in Canada than the States. (You Americans are so lucky!) We even came away with a few books we’d never heard of before. I wish they'd had the entire series of some of these, but that's okay. We can fill in the blanks later.

They also had a nice selection of free posters: The Hunger Games, TRON Legacy (Yay!), and a couple NHL ones that will probably end up on our rec room walls.

It was an evening and money well spent. :)



9 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME! I used to get emails about those when I was teaching but I think the warehouse was out in the suburbs of NYC or something, so I could never get there. I don't know about you, but buying a whole bunch of books at once always makes me feel like I just won the lottery. Some people want to dive into a swimming pool full of money, a la Scrooge McDuck. I want to be able to build myself a fort out of books and just live inside it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to the warehouse was really fun--kind of like Home Depot but with books instead. We always joke in our family that if we ever won the lottery, the only thing that would change is that we'd buy more books. Actually, I think our house is slowly turning into a book fort. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh.

    I'm honestly drooling here, Erin. No lie!!!!! I want to be there SO BAD!!!!! And all those books... that, is heaven...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, it was like Christmas day arrived early. Or like a treasure hunt in a big warehouse :)

      Delete
  3. Jealous. The End.

    Why don't we have a Scholastic Book Warehouse here? Oh never mind. I forgot I live in Dead Rear (aka The Shmear), Alberta.

    Looks like you picked up some seriously awesome reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, if I'd waited a day I probably could have done my Christmas shopping for you at the sale instead of online. There weren't a lot of brand new releases, but that's okay because there were plenty of books I'm a bit late to the game on. My TBR list just exploded :)

      Delete
  4. WOW. That looks awesome!!!! So many books. Being surrounded by them...*dreaming*
    It looks like you picked up some amazing reads! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something magical about being in a building that's filled floor to ceiling with books. :)

      Delete